For years, the gold standard in the Scientific Anglers lineup was the GPX taper. From tossing small dries to slinging huge streamers, the GPX could do it all. But all good things must come to an end. Built a half-size heavy, the MPX taper starts where the GPX left off. Redesigned with more mass toward the front of the head, the MPX provides the same benefits of the GPX, with an added emphasis on presentation. The power is still there, only with an added bit of finesse. Meet your new best friend and the best all-around fly line we’ve ever made.
• The ultimate general presentation taper
• Improved version of our GPX taper
• Built a half-size heavy to load rods and turn over large flies easily
• Excellent with dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
• Features the ST+ slickness additive
• For use in moderate and cold climates
• Braided multifilament core